I don't think it's a bug, as anchors should never be sent to the server, (I
believe the should never be sent in a redirect either).  I remember doing
some experiments with this.

If you request a page: blah.do#someLabel, #someLabel is never sent in the
request.

If you forward on the server, then it will still use the anchor from the
original request (obvious as the browser knows nothing about the forward).

If you redirect on the server, then the browser *may* loose it.

I tried adding an anchor on the server in the middle of a redirect:

Browser requests blah.do, server redirected to other.do#anchor.  I cant
remember which way round it was, but I think:
IE makes a subsequent request for other.do#anchor and obviously struts
grumbles as this isn't a valid url.
Firefox makes a subsequent request for other.do and uses the anchor as
expected.

Daniel.