hihi,

i've also worked quite a bit with generating PDF documents (iText,
JasperReports via iReport) so i know Acrobat pains too.  (yes Acrobat
is very moody, it works one day then not the next, and only for ppl it
likes) :)

i went to that website:
http://www.sos.state.co.us/biz

but couldn't find a working example of a PDF document displayed
embedded *within* an html page.  that is, the Acrobat plugin window
occupying a sub portion of the entire displayed html page.  is this not
what the original post was about?  or did i simply not find the working
example on the website?  (i went to the "File a document" section and
brought up the PDFs on the subsequent page but they all 'took over' the
entire browser window)

it would be awesome to see a PDF embedded in an html page without using
frames.

woodchuck