> Thank you for the detailed reply, Craig. The reason I was hesitating going
> whole hog into Shale was I was worried the functionality of Struts that I
> have gotten used to may still be in an incumbent stage in Shale. However
> since you state that JSF+Shale "has pretty much all the functional
> features Struts 1.x" does (and more besides!), I guess this means you are
> endorsing Shale's maturity (or features anyway).... Ok, I guess I know
> what I will doing this weekend..:)

I'm definitely endorsing Shale's feature set.  As for its maturity, we
are only now shaking down for a 1.0.0 milestone release (essentially
an alpha) -- and I don't expect to get to a level of stability of
APIs, or robustness/correctness of behavior, for at least a couple
rounds of that.  But it is certainly suitable for exploration and
bleeding edge folks to look at today.

This (Shale) is where I spend all of *my* open source time these days ...

> Thanks again!
> Geeta

Craig