Can you post the struts config xml file? I had this problem in the beginning too. Now I am stuck on that other problem I posted here. I am also a newbie. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Ayusman dikshit" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, August 08, 2005 7:27 PM
Subject: Struts Basic problem.

Hi List,
I am a new bee to Struts.
I am following a book for struts.
I obtained this error while trying to follow the tutorial, may be result
of my experimentation.
Could you give me any idea what mistakes I might have made
The following is the error I am getting.

I am using Tomcat 5.0
Struts 1.1

root cause

javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: Cannot retrieve mapping for action
/Lookup
org.apache.struts.taglib.html.FormTag.lookup(FormTag.java:810)

org.apache.struts.taglib.html.FormTag.doStartTag(FormTag.java:506)

org.apache.jsp.index_jsp._jspx_meth_html_form_0(index_jsp.java:140)
org.apache.jsp.index_jsp._jspService(index_jsp.java:98)

org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:133)
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:856)

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.ja
va:311)

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:301)

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:248)
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:856)

Thanks in advance
Ayusman