I am using the system.out. in both classes validate() and checking it out.

The working codes struts config & class:

<action
            path="/updateOverride"
            type="tasks.action.UpdateOverridePageAction"
            scope="request"
            name="UpdateOverridePageForm"
            attribute="UpdateOverridePageForm"
            parameter="updateOverride"
            validate="true"
                        input="/jsp/tasks/UpdateOverridePage.jsp">
            <forward name="success"
               path="/jsp/tasks/UpdateOverridePage.jsp" />
        </action>

public ActionErrors validate(ActionMapping mapping, HttpServletRequest
request) {
                // TODO Auto-generated method stub
                ActionErrors errors = super.validate(mapping, request);
                System.out.println("validate in update called");

-- This does come in the logs.

The not working code :
<action
            path="/maintainRecurringTasks"
            type="tasks.action.MaintainRecurringTasksPageAction"
            scope="request"
            name="MaintainRecurringTasksPageForm"
            attribute="MaintainRecurringTasksPageForm"
            parameter="maintainRecurringTasks"
            validate="true">
            <forward name="success"
               path="/jsp/tasks/MaintainRecurringTasks.jsp" />
        </action>

public ActionErrors validate(ActionMapping mapping, ServletRequest request) {
                // TODO Auto-generated method stub

                ActionErrors errors = super.validate(mapping, request);
                System.out.println("validate in main tain called ");

...basically the same. Even though I use
input="/jsp/tasks/MaintainOverridePage.jsp"> it does not help.
Basically some silly mistake which i dont understand.

Jay