You could manually set the errors in the page within your action with the method

addErrors( request , form.update(mapping,request) );

the addErrors method is already defined in the class Action.

Jay Sheth wrote:

Hi,
Thanks for all the help. Now i have got the debugging working. But
still the problem remains, validate() not being called. I tried all
combinations...I made a simple action and form without any business
logic etc...but i dont understand why validate method is being called
in only a single form and not being called for any other forms.

Most weird error.
Even if I call validate from the corresponding action, it does not get
called. However if I rename the validate method by another method e..g
update then I can call the update method from action.

Is there a way that the action errors created can be shown as error by
jsp page ?

Heres the code ; **action
form.update(mapping,request); // form.validate() doesnt get called so i renamed
                                                to update()

**form
public ActionErrors update(ActionMapping mapping, ServletRequest request) {
     super.validate(mapping,servlet);
    errors = new ActionErrors();
if (nullOrBlank(m_location)) {
errors.add("Location",new
ActionError("errors.location.required"));
                        }
    return new ActionErrors();
}
So basically the action class can get the errors, but how should i
display that errors on jsp (This is all because validate() not being
called).

Jay

oh ok I see where you are coming from.. I didn't know about this remote
debugging thing so it's good info..:) However, I didn't think the original
poster had this situation at all.. or maybe i grossly
misunderstood...(been known to happen..;))

Ed Griebel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
08/09/2005 01:43 PM
Please respond to

cc

Subject
{Spam?} Re: {Spam?} Re: {Spam?} Re: {Spam?} Re: {Spam?} validate() not
called

No, not at all, it doesn't matter where tomcat is started from. As
long as tomcat was started with JDWP debugging, you can connect up
with any recent java debugger. Your tomcat can be in China and your
debugging session in NYC, it just doesn't matter, and it certainly
doesn't have to be in the same JVM.

Try googling for JDWP and/or JPDA, or see
http://java.sun.com/products/jpda/ or
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/faq/development.html

-ed

Well, not only that, if you want eclipse to play nice with tomcat (and
have eclipse obey break points and what not), then you in fact start
tomcat from within eclipse, right? I have been doing this for a while

now

so I don't see what the problem could be..?

Would something like this link help:

http://plato.acadiau.ca/courses/comp/dsilver/2513/EclipseAndTomcatTutorial/

Geeta

believed to be clean.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:This email is intended solely for the person or
protected health information.  Any duplication, dissemination, action
taken in reliance upon, or other use of this information by persons or
entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited and may violate
applicable laws.  If this email has been received in error, please notify
the sender and delete the information from your system.  The views
expressed in this email are those of the sender and may not necessarily
represent the views of IntelliCare.

Gareth Evans

MSoft eSolutions Limited
Technology Centre
Inward Way
Rossmore Business Park
Ellesmere Port
Cheshire
CH65 3EN

--
Tel:    +44 (0)870 0100 704
Fax:    +44 (0)870 9010 705

Terms:
Please note that any prices quoted within this e-mail are subject to VAT.
All program details and code described in this e-mail are subject to
copyright © of MSoft eSolutions Limited and remain the intellectual
property of MSoft eSolutions Limited.
Any proposal or pricing information contained within this e-mail are
subject to MSoft eSolutions' Terms and Conditions
Disclaimer:
This message is intended only for use of the addressee. If this message
was sent to you in error, please notify the sender and delete this
message. MSoft eSolutions Limited cannot accept responsibility for viruses,
so please scan attachments. Views expressed in this message do not
necessarily reflect those of MSoft eSolutions Limited who will not
necessarily be bound by its contents.