From: Phan, Hienthuc T (Rosetta) [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, August 10, 2005 4:52 PM
To: 'Struts Users Mailing List'
Subject: strut 1.2.7 and web.xml

Hi,

I'm in process of upgrading of strut 1.0 to 1.2.7 but cannot start the
app server because of this error.  Is this the correct tld declaration
for web.xml?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE web-app PUBLIC '-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Web Application
2.3//EN' 'http://java.sun.com/dtd/web-app_2_3.dtd'>

<Servlet: "action" failed to preload on startup in webapp: "rpm"
javax.servlet.ServletException
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.createServlet(ServletStubImpl.
java
:912)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.createInstances(ServletStubImp
l.ja
va:833)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.prepareServlet(ServletStubImpl
.jav
a:773)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.preloadServlet(WebAppServ
letC
ontext.java:2782)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.preloadServlets(WebAppSer
vlet
Context.java:2727)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.preloadResources(WebAppSe
rvle
tContext.java:2700)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.HttpServer.preloadResources(HttpServer.java:56
3)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebService.preloadResources(WebService.java:47
6)
        at
weblogic.t3.srvr.ServletInitRunner$1.run(ServletInitRunner.java:50)
        at
weblogic.security.service.SecurityServiceManager.runAs(SecurityServiceMa
nage
r.java:780)
        at
weblogic.t3.srvr.ServletInitRunner.run(ServletInitRunner.java:46)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:479)

------
New Jersey, USA 08889), and/or its affiliates (which may be known
outside the United States as Merck Frosst, Merck Sharp & Dohme or MSD
and in Japan, as Banyu) that may be confidential, proprietary
copyrighted and/or legally privileged. It is intended solely for the use
of the individual or entity named on this message.  If you are not the
intended recipient, and have received this message in error, please
notify us immediately by reply e-mail and then delete it from your
system.