On 8/12/05, Ted Husted <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> A colleague is looking to add VoiceXML capabilities to their Struts
> consumer-to-business application.
>
> I don't see any prior references to VoiceXML in the archives, just
> this one aside:
>
> * http://www.mail-archive.com/user@struts.apache.org/msg30556.html
>
> I wonder if anyone here has any VoiceXML best practices, war stories,
> or gotchas to share, especially relating to Struts or development
> tools, or the Jakarta Taglibs Reuseable Dialog Components (RDC).
<snip/>

Sounds like a RDC thing ;-)

The RDC framework is agnostic to the higher layers. We use Struts for
the controller bits in the sample applications. We have a multi
channel sample application (GUI & VUI) called music-store, that uses
Amazon Web Services (so a AWS subscription ID is needed to try it
out). Looking at the struts config [1] for the sample apps might help
convey how we used path wild cards (Struts 1.2) to tackle multiple
views (one for each channel), while sharing many of the higher layer
artifacts. Ofcourse, the entire sample app is in svn.

At some point, I took a stab at explaining the RDC-Struts interface
[2] in the RDC tutorials [3] section of the Taglibs wiki. Your
colleague may also want to look at the RDC website [4], for
developments and documentation, if there is interest.

I'd be glad to help on taglibs-dev / user @jakarta.apache.org if there
are other questions.

-Rahul

Reference Links:

[1] RDC examples war - struts config for sample apps [
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/taglibs/proper/rdc/trunk/examples/web/WEB-INF/struts-config.xml
]

[2] Tutorial - How to use RDCs with Struts [
http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-taglibs/ReusableDialogComponents/Tutorials/StrutsInterface
 ]

[3] RDC Tutorials - [

[4] RDC home page - [ http://jakarta.apache.org/taglibs/doc/rdc-doc/intro.html ]