Why can't you open an HttpURLConnection (or similar) to your JSP, collect the
HTML output, and embed that in a mime message body and then send via JavaMail?

Erik

-----Original Message-----
From: Thomas Hartwig <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Aug 15, 2005 2:19 PM
To: user@struts.apache.org
Subject: rendering output to email or send jsp via emal

I know my subject is already asked in different ways but I think the
answers are not satisfying. One of the main arguments is: Struts is for
the web, not for messaging. I think even this is wrong. Struts follows a
MVC model. This does not implies only for web. And I think mostly all
web apps have to deal something with mail output at least.

So why is it so difficult to get a rendering output of jsp redirected to
an email output? (There might be an easy answer, which I have not found yet)

I think the combination of jsp an all its tag power should be usable for
this purpose. I don't want to introduce an other template engine.
(velocity).

I know further the possibility to do a http sub request, but this is
really annoying.

Best regards
Thomas