Using Struts 1.2.7 with the latest Tomcat 5.5.9 I get the following in
localhost.<date>.log when I first try to access my web application:

17-Aug-2005 11:02:02 org.apache.catalina.core.Stand-ardHostValve custom
SEVERE: Exception Processing
ErrorPage[exceptionType=java.l-ang.Exception, location=/error.jsp]
org.apache.jasper.JasperExcept-ion: Failed to load or instantiate
TagExtraInfo class: org.apache.struts.taglib.html.-MessagesTei

And in stdout_<date>.log I get:

ERROR:org.apache.catalina.core-.ApplicationDispatcher.invoke(-Applicatio
nDispatcher.java:704-)
Servlet.service() for servlet jsp threw exception
java.lang.ClassCastException: org.apache.struts.taglib.html.-MessagesTei

Through trial and error I have found that this does not happen with
Tomcat 5.0.28, with all other factors (struts, my application, etc)
kept the same.

Thought you all might like to know.

Stewart