Normally it doesn process html:link. Did you put the tld for html:link on the page? Does your tag extend BodyTagSupport? I think I remember having to execute the print in doEndTag() as well.

Murray Collingwood wrote:
Hello all

Has anybody successfully used Stuts tags and Custom tags together?

For example:
Consider a custom tag with the following code:
  out.println("<html:link action=\"Update.do\">" + entry[ix] + "</html:link>");

The custom tag appears to write the output directly to the socket without further Struts tag evaluation, consequently the HTML source on the browser includes "html:link" which it doesn't understand.

1. How about writing the link using <a href=/WEB-INF/pages/update.jsp>....</a>
  When I do this I lose the connection to my current session.  Not a solution.

2. Try return true in the "theBodyShouldBeEvaluatedAgain" method.
I tried this and the code got into a loop (I believe this simply recurses back through my code). If I am supposed to use this somebody will need to tell me a simple way of stopping the recursion.

3. The only other alternative I have is to look into the Struts source code and try and find some internal method to call to evaluate the generated code before I print it to the socket.

Hope somebody has tried to do this before...

Kind regards
mc

FOCUS Computing
Mob: 0415 24 26 24