Don Brown wrote:
> You probably enabled xhtml output rendering, which renders an "id"
> attribute instead.  Unfortunately, client-side validation in xhtml is
> currently broken in Struts 1.2.7, so you can either checkout and build
> commons-validator or wait until the next release.

Thanks Don, yes I enabled xhtml. Interestingly, it's not generating an id attribute either, so there must be another trigger, like having an entry for the from in the validation.xml file (which I don't have). Perhaps I can use the styleId attribute on <html:form> to get a handle on a form.

Today my app is failing at startup when the Validation plug-in reads its config xml files, "unexpected end of file." Yet the XML files have nothing in them at this point -- they're just copied from struts-blank. So something odd is going on.

Just another odd puzzle ...

I probably will checkout and build commons-validator.

Cheers,
Mojo
--
Morris Jones