Rick Reumann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 08/23/2005 04:53:35 PM:

> If that's the case, though, I'd find that as a severe limitation of JSF.

> In Struts my DispatchActions can be called from anywhere and there isn't

> really a need for a tight coupling. "getEmployee" returns "success" and
> any form or JSP can use this Action (assuming they also use the
> ActionForm also).
> In JSF I keep wishing there was a way I can through in a "use this
> managed bean" in the navigation rules - but I'm guessing that's because
> I've been using Struts for so long. Hopefully this will all start to
> "click" at some point.

ok, I'm probably being quite stupid here and should think this over a bit
more.. but hey, what the hell..;)

Ok, maybe you could have many different managed beans (I mean with
different names) but all "pointing to the same class/bean?..

Though perhaps (from Craig's earlier note), really we are supposed to
think of backing beans as kind of very basic and specific to a page or
something.. and thus not *have to* share it across many pages. If you have
logic in there which you have to share, then move it to another layer once
removed perhaps..

But you are right, this isn't sinking in like it should..(:(

> Rick

Geeta