On Tue, 2005-08-30 at 13:06 -0700, peru cheppanu wrote:
>  Thanks a lot Craig. That cleared up a lot.
>
> For the rest of 1%, I better put my question straight to the case.
>
> I want to display two properties on 40*10 cell table. I have these options.
> 1. use a hashmap that contains 400 values. Or have four with 100 each so that
> I can have identical keys.
> 2. use a String that has 400 values (still have to substring on jsp)
> 3. use a custom object that has two parameters, there are 400 object
> instantiations in aciton class. Put this one in ActionForm. This table is
> just a part of the entire display thing.
>
> What do you think is the best route to take? I feel that custom object thing
> goes with the logic. But, I am afraid of performance.

As said in the previous reply, and in many discussions and
articles about programming - at this level of application
programming (i.e. you are not writing some real-time multi-
gigabyte network driver for a rocket launcher on a gunship)
worry about performance when it hits you. Go for the "custom
object" as you call it and see what you get.

--Amos