I think I should try to explain my problem a little better. After
some debugging and searching I found out that my url generation
within portlet is the problem.. specifically

channel.setLocation("Login.do?method=selectCMAForm&cellPointId=" +
form.getChannel());

It just resets my TreeView but dosent call the Struts Action --
selectCMAForm()...

I found that I would need to use portlerResponse.encodeURL to
generate URL's within portlet. So I tried to do this.

channel.setLocation(response.encodeURL("/wps/myportal" +
request.getContextPath() + "/Login.do?
method=selectCMAForm&cellPointId=" + form.getChannel()));

But this also dosent seem to call the Struts Action (selectCMAForm)
from the Portlet. It does the same thing -- resets my TreeView. This
is the url generated by it in my browser window...

http://localhost:9081/wps/myportal/.CampaignManagement/Login.do?
method=selectCMAForm&cellPointId=customer

Also one thing is that when i looked in my portal logs i get this
strange error.. i hadnt noticed earlier..

2005.08.30 10:31:12.202 W com.ibm.wps.engine.Servlet doGet()
class
com.ibm.wps.state.nls.inputmediators.exceptions.NlsCannotInterpretSta
teException: Unspecified message ()

I would appreciate any help from anybody who has used Struts within
JSR 168 portlet. I am having trouble calling Struts Actions from the
portlet..

--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], kunjal shah <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am new to Struts Framework. I am developing a Struts based JSR
168 portlet on WepSphere Portal 5.1 platform. I needed some help
with an error I am getting in designing a Tree based hierarchial
View in the portlet. I am using Struts DispatchAction class to
forward the user to the Tree based navigation. This is the jsp code
fragment for this.

> Here I am calling the unspecified method in my DispatchAction
class.
> This works fine and the tree is populated inside my Action class
and displayed through a JSP (ActionForward). Now I am trying to
associate action handling with the links within Tree View
(MenuComponent)  doing something like this in my Action Class.

> channel.setLocation("Login.do?method=selectCMAForm&cellPointId=" +
form.getChannel());

> Here channel is my MenuComponent -- the last node within the tree..
> This dosent seem to work and selectCMAForm method within the
Action class is not called. I tried to call any outside link through
my action class like
> channel.setLocation("http://www.google.com";); This works.
>
> I also tried to call my DispatchAction method directly through the
jsp like

method=selectCMAForm&cellPointId=customer">

> This also works and the selectCMAForm method is called. May be I
am missing something here. I would appreciate any help or tips with
this problem. I am using an ActionForm which is getting populated
inside the Action class.