On Wed, 2005-08-31 at 13:58 -0500, Joe Germuska wrote:
> You can't really intervene in the form population process on the
> Struts side right now (although arguably that's something which
> should be exposed for user customization better).

We already have a BaseProcessor class which extends
TilesRequestProcessor. I added the following code there and it
seems to work:

protected void processPopulate(HttpServletRequest httpServletRequest,
 HttpServletResponse httpServletResponse, ActionForm actionForm,
 ActionMapping actionMapping) throws ServletException
{
  super.processPopulate(httpServletRequest, httpServletResponse,
actionForm, actionMapping);

  if (actionForm instanceof DynaActionForm)
  {
    DynaActionForm dynaActionForm = (DynaActionForm)actionForm;
    for (Iterator<Map.Entry> iterator =
         dynaActionForm.getMap().entrySet().iterator();
         iterator.hasNext();)
    {
      Map.Entry entry = iterator.next();
      if (entry.getValue() instanceof String)
        dynaActionForm.set((String)entry.getKey(),
          ((String)entry.getValue()).trim());

Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks,

--Amos