Hi all,

I had a similar problem with Tomcat 5.0.24 a year or so ago and came up with a different solution.

On Windows it was using a default charset which was quite limited.

To force it to use something more useful I added:

-Dfile.encoding=ISO-8859-1

to Tomcat's startup java options.

To get around the same problem under linux I just added the same option to our Tomcat user's JAVA_OPTS environment variable.

--
Stephen

Martin Kindler wrote:
As I took the code directly from Mike Gavaghan's article and it is available
online http://www.javaworld.com/javaworld/jw-05-2004/jw-0524-i18n.html, i'ld
ask you to look there.

Martin