To: <user@struts.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, September 08, 2005 11:46 PM
Subject: Cookie problem is killing me

Hi;

No this isn't a struts problem - but this is driving me up the wall and
there are a lot of smart people here.

This is all on my system - Windows XP / IIS 5.1. So I am hitting localhost
from IE to tomcat.

When I add a cookie to the HttpServletResponse, if I leave the cookie domain
unset (ie null), then it creates a cookie using the name of the servlet.

If I set the domain - I have tried "localhost", ".localhost", "belle", and
".belle" (my computer's name is belle), then no cookie is saved.

Any idea why?

Thanks - dave

David Thielen

303-499-2544