I was talking to my daughters about this the other day. In the last 25 years
I have had to learn a whole new environment/API/everything:

*         DOS - Pascal and then C

*         Windows - C and then C++

o        Applications

o        System level code (wrote part of Win95)

o        Games

*         Java - EJB 1.0 & EJB 2.0

*         .NET/C#

You don't get to stick with a single technology anymore. Like it or not, the
world requires constant learning and constant movement to new tools and
technology. Struts will be replaced by JSP/Shale and in 5 years (or sooner)
that will be replaced by something else.

It's evolution at hyperspeed.

- dave

David Thielen

303-499-2544