From: Adrian Maier [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, September 13, 2005 8:24 AM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: Struts to Postgresql db connection refused

On 9/13/05, David G. Friedman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Raj,
>
> Have you double checked that you can reach it from the command line on the
> server BEFORE trying it in Tomcat?  I've encountered problems where a
slight
> mistake in the MySQL configuration often causes this problem, not usually
> the web server.  From the information you provided, try this at a command
> line (should work for a UNIX shell or Windows CMD.EXE, not sure about
Macs):

> mysql -upostgres -ppostgresq -h192.168.1.22 -P5432 omsdb

Connecting to PostgreSQL using the mysql command line tool ??!!?!!
This will never work ....

The right suggestion is to try connecting with :

psql  -h  192.168.1.22   -U  postgres  omsdb

If connecting this way does not work ,  you need to :
1.  configure postgres to allow TCP/IP connections  (postgresql.conf)
2.  add the ip adresses/networks that are allowed to connect (pg_hba.conf)
The two files (pg_hba.conf and postgresql.conf) are located in the
PostgreSQL's data directory .

Cheers,
Adrian Maier