Two notes:

1. Be careful when modifying ActionForwards to make sure that you aren't
modifying the shared, system-wide instance. That can be a nasty side
effect. You can make a copy of the ActionForward object, change it, and
return the copy from your Action.execute() method to get around this
issue.

2. Servlet Filters and HttpRequestWrappers do provide a means to mess
with the request parameters (since you can override getParameter()).
However, I doubt that is useful in this context.

-Max