[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

I'm preparing to make a case for switching to a differenct SCM tool (source code management). The options are CVS, Perforce, and VSS.
VSS: *hurl* I can' recall a time where I've ever thought "Whew, thank goodness I'm using VSS" and horror stories abound.

Perforce: No experience, but one VERY large company I worked for used and generally liked it (although I remember them having a LOT of problems with the Eclipse Perforce plugin, probably fixed by now).

CVS: Renaming, directories non-trivial/not supported. Didn't care for the tagging/branching stuff so much.

Subversion: My current SCM of choice; trivial branching/tagging/merging, renaming, directories.

Dave