Hi Laurie

Thanks for your help, but I still don't seem to be
making much progress on this...

Just to clear up the confusion - perhaps it wasn't a
good idea for me to include the link to the Sun forum,
as my problem is not related to changing the JVM.  I
am running v 1.4, and always have been, so suspect
that is not the source of the problem.

As for BeanInfo classes, I don't have any!

Could you expand upon your comment "Bear in mind that
this might be caused by changes elsewhere, such as a
super-class"  - I've looked in all the superclasses of
the bean whose property I'm trying to access and don't
see anything suspicious.  Could you perhaps give an
example of what might cause a problem in a superclass?

Many thanks again for your help

Steve

http://forum.java.sun.com/thread.jspa?threadID=632668&tstart=90

> The difference between JDK 1.3 and 1.4 is a change
> in the reflection
> semantics; in 1.3 you could make a property both
> read-only and
> write-only, which clearly doesn't make sense but
> worked anyway. 1.4
> changed the introspection behaviour in this case,
> which might be what
> you're seeing (assuming, since you referenced that
> URL, that you're
> talking about a difference in your code's behaviour
> between the two JVMs).
>
> > I've checked that the setter and getter accept and
> > return the correct types OK.  This is to be
> expected
> > really, because the code used to work and I
> haven't
> > changed it [intentionally!]....!
>
> Bear in mind that this might be caused by changes
> elsewhere, such as a
> super-class or, more likely, a related BeanInfo
> class. Without seeing
> your Javabean and related BeanInfo classes I can't
> say anything
> definitive, but check that *everything* affecting
> the property
> descriptors, including BeanInfo classes, is as it
> should be.
>
> L.
>

> > Can anyone give me some helpful pointers on this
> one?
> >
> > Many thanks,
> >
> > Steve
> >

> > javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: Exception
> forwarding
> > for name loginSecured:
> > javax.servlet.ServletException: Exception
> accessing
> > property userAccountVO.
> > forcePwdChange for bean userSession:
> java.lang.Error:
> > PropertyDescriptor:
> > internal error while merging PDs: type mismatch
> > between read and write methods
> >
> >     at

org.apache.struts.taglib.logic.ForwardTag.doEndTag(ForwardTag.java:173)