Marc,
I've never had that problem with JBoss locking up the struts.jar. If it just a webapp with no EJB, then basically you are just using tomcat and I can't see what would make it lock the jars.

Did you remove the struts.jar from the shared lib dir?

Marc Ende on 16/09/05 18:49, wrote:
Okay... I've removed the struts.jar (and the other related jars of
struts) from the shared folder and put it in the proposed WEB-INF/lib
folder.

Great I've got no trouble with the DynaActionForm! Now I have to
restart the jboss everytime I redeploy. The server does a lock on the
struts.jar so I couldn't redeploy without stopping the server. The
error will never come back this way :)

Not really the way I liked but very consequent... :(

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht----- Von: Wendy Smoak
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Gesendet: Freitag, 16. September 2005
19:07 An: Struts Users Mailing List Betreff: Re: struts on jboss

From: "Marc Ende" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

In the war are no other classes included than the sources of my application. The jars of struts are directly in the
server/default/lib

directory of

jboss.

I don't know whether it's causing the particular problem you're
reporting, but struts.jar should not be placed in any shared
location.  At least not for Tomcat, and I doubt the advice changes
when JBoss is involved:

http://struts.apache.org/userGuide/configuration.html#config_add

-- Wendy Smoak

additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]