On 9/20/05, temp temp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I have a list in my jsp .For each item in the list I
> have a submit button through which user can remove an
> item in list. When user clicks on remove link I submit
> the form to my action class .Action  class  removes
> selected  item from the collection and then sends him
> back to the same page . After the page is loaded  if
> user clicks on refresh for some reason  the same
> action is repeated again  ie one more item is deleted
> from list .How can I avoid this?

In your <forward> element you need to use redirect="true" to decouple
input and output phases. Therefore, you need to stick your ArrayList
into the session. Why not then set ActionForm scope to "session" and
to set ArrayList as nested property of your ActionForm?

This article may help you to understand what is going on (sorry for a
somewhat patronizing style and bad grammar):
http://www.theserverside.com/articles/article.tss?l=RedirectAfterPost

Also play with this online demo:
  http://www.superinterface.com/strutsdialog/crudactionlite.do
More demos here:
  http://www.superinterface.com/strutsdialog
If you like it, you may want to check out Struts Dialogs library:
  http://struts.sourceforge.net/strutsdialogs
This is the most important class of the library:
  http://struts.sourceforge.net/strutsdialogs/dialogaction.html

Michael

----
Struts Dialogs: