So I have to invent some naming conventions for jsfid to prevent that a child from one html template won't have the same name as another child ;(
Thanks for clarifications

That is only true for things defined as "component". Things defined as "component" are top-level. That really means that they are an entry in the Map that caches the digested XML file. When you use the jsfid for an "element", it kind of works like and a java anonymous class. It is assumed that you are extending a top-level component by that jsfid. The attributes defined for that element will override the ones defined by the component and inheritance will also apply. Elements are the composition glue for creating complex components.
yes
but as I understand components defined in html template can't be bound to elements - just to top level components ;(
may be it will be possible to use top-level components as jsf views ?
e.g

in faces config  -
      <navigation-case>
          <from-action>#{login.login}</from-action>
          <from-outcome>success</from-outcome>
          <to-view-id>/profilePage.clay</to-view-id>
      </navigation-case>

and ClayViewHandler try to find top-level component with name profilePage defined in clay config:

<component jsfid="profilePage" extends="profile.html">
   <element renderid="0" jsfid="submitButton">
   </element>
</component>
<component jsfid="mainPage" extends="main.html">
   <element renderid="0" jsfid="submitButton">
   </element>
</component>

I think it will be very flexible. what do you think?