document.forms[0]["mybean.name"].value = "myname" ;
will work
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

I haven't tried it, however, I would have to see if JavaScript would handle it.
I am updating the hidden field using javascript, so I am not sure if it would
like:

<script language="JavaScript">
document.forms[0].myBean.name.value = "myname";
</script>

~K

Quoting Michael Jouravlev <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Are you saying that combination of nested properties and dynaform does
not work for nested fields?
Have you tried this:

Michael.

Hi All,

I am trying to find a way to populate a DynaActionForm after the form has
been
submitted. For example, I have the following:

public class MyBean implements serializable {
  public String name, address;

  public MyBean() {
     name = new String();
     address = new String();
  }

  public String getName() {
     return this.name;
  }

  public void setName(String name) {
     this.name = name;
  }

  public String getAddress() {
     return this.address;
  }

  public void setAddress(String address) {
     this.address = address;

public class MyAction extends BaseDispatchAction {
  public ActionForward save(ActionMapping mapping,
     ActionForm form,
     HttpServletRequest request,
     HttpServletResponse response)
     throws Exception
  {
     MyBean myBean = (MyBean)((DynaActionForm)form).get("MyBean");
     // do some processing
     ((DynaActionForm)form).set("myBean", myBean);
     return mapping.findForward(IConstants.SUCCESS_KEY);

<struts-config>
  <form-beans>
     <form-bean name="myForm" dynamic="true"
                type="org.apache.struts.action.DynaActionForm">
        <form-property name="myBean" type="com.test.MyBean"/>
     </form-bean>
  </form-beans>
  <action-mappings>
     <action path="/MyAction"
        type="com.test.MyAction"
        parameter="method"
        name="myForm"
        scope="request">
        <forward name="Success" path="my.page" />
     </action>
  </action-mappings>
</struts-config>

# JSP Page
<%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/struts-bean.tld" prefix="bean" %>
<%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/struts-html.tld" prefix="html" %>
<%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/struts-logic.tld" prefix="logic" %>
<head>
<title>Test</title>
</head>
Hidden Test
<input type="submit" name="submit" value="submit"/>

I am not sure what to put in the "property" attribute in the html:hidden
area so
that it will populate MyBean in my DynaActionForm property. Please keep in
mind
that this is just a sample and I need to use the DynaActionForm and not
extend
the MyBean class to ActionForm. Any help or suggestion is much
appreciated.