As long as you have your mappings setup correctly (and use the right attribute name if you push the form bean into the request/session yourself), the <html:form> tag locates the appropriate form bean automatically and the name attribute is redundant.

L.

Murray Collingwood wrote:
Laurie is right, you need the extra action mapping in your config file.

I have also been adding the attribute name to the form elements as in:

Is this necessary?  It works but I'm wondering if it is redundant?

Kind regards
mc