Rahul Akolkar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 10/13/2005 07:40:06 PM:

> I was tempted to change the prefix to JSF, but didn't want to break
> the email thread.

Much to my surprise I actually know why you say this - my "progress" with
JSf/Shale has been so halting that most times i don't know if I am looking
at a Shale issue or a JSF issue (:( However, read on...

> The above suggestion should do it. But I'd ask why you want to bind
> component instances rather than values? If this is a "traditional"
> login view, I'd think binding values should be sufficient?

You are quite right. The only reason I did this was (following a
suggestion of Craig's) to use Shale's
AbstractFacesBean.error(UIComponent,String) method. If I bound component
instances, then the code for getting at the UIComponent is simpler.

> -Rahul

Thanks for your input!
Geeta