On 10/13/05, Murray Collingwood <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have an action class that serves us images from my application.  The java
> class is
> fairly simple and mostly copied from (our friend) the wiki:

> However when this class runs I get the following exception:
> NotifyUtil::java.net.SocketException: Software caused connection abort: recv
> failed
>         at java.net.SocketInputStream.socketRead0(Native Method)

Don't worry, it's "normal", especially if you are browsing with
Internet Explorer.

In an application I wrote that served TIFF files I had the same
problem initially, until I
started catching and ignoring this particular exception; with Mozilla
the exceptions
simply did not appear.

I believe this is a side-effect of the dumb way that IE uses to figure
out the content type
of the stream it receives, even when the server specifies it.