Are you able to see the 'age' and 'name' attributes in the address bar
after submitting the form ? If not, the action="/submit.do" in your
can use the hidden variables for age and name and set the required values
in the Javascript.

Regards,
Rajasekhar Cherukuri

"R.Vijayaraghavan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
10/22/2005 11:53 AM
Please respond to

cc

Subject
RE: query string parameters problem

It does not work.

>         to get the values from the request. I don't think the values set
> through through query string will be set to ActionForm automatically. In
> this case you should explicitly call the setter methods of the
ActionForm
> and then set the new ActionForm object to session with the same name
that
> was used in the action element attribute "attribute" in
struts-config.xml.

No, the values are set even while passing the values through the query
string. Why should not this work. The URL with the query string will call
teh appropriate ActionForm, set the values that it gets from the Http GET
request.

The problem I face is that when I submit the html page, the name and age
do
not get added to the query string(and thats fine, it should not). The
description goes via the Http POST request, ActionForm sets the value of
description, comes to the Action. Its here that I am not able to get the
values of name and age.

regards,
vijay.