From: Wendy Smoak [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, October 20, 2005 8:46 AM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: TLD file placement

From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Sorry if I'm asking a basic question but I didn't know that you can just
use the tld files in the jar. You said "unless you're on Servlet 2.2..."
Does that mean that after Servlet 2.2 you can just use the tld files in the
jar file?

Yes.  http://wiki.wsmoak.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?WebXmlNoTaglib

If so, do I need to do anything special to tell Struts to look there or is
it enough to just take out the tld mappings from the web.xml file?

Nothing special. Use the correct URI, remove the tld files from under WEB-INF, remove <taglib> from web.xml, and it Just Works. One less thing to maintain. :)