fea jabi wrote:
I am new to web development and struts too.

I am trying to create a jsp which has

a text field for display only for Name

and a Table below it with couple of rows and columns in it.

how many form beans do I have to create?

Do I have to create one for the jsp and one for the table alone?

do I have to use nested tag? not really sure. if so how do I have to use this in jsp?

It's really up to you to a large extent. You can have a single form bean for an entire application if you want. One for each page that has a form on it is probably typical though.

The User Guide section on developing view components [1] may help you get a better overall understanding of what your options are.

I'm not sure when you say 'nested tags' if you're referring to the 'nested' tag library, or if you just mean having tags nested inside other tags. Assuming the former, no, you don't necessarily need to use them, though they may make some things easier. I'd suggest getting to grips with the basics first and then looking at the 'nested' taglib again later, when you'll be better able to understand if what it offers applies to what you're doing.

L.

[1] http://struts.apache.org/struts-core/userGuide/building_view.html