Ryan Wynn Wrote:

>Currently, this is supported but only if value = [EMAIL PROTECTED] and
>valueExpr="myBean.property",  because
>the mnemonic replacement is done after the determination of whether or not the
>value isEL and isVB.
>
>So to allow for mnemonics to be replaced by #{foo.bar}, PropertyValueCommand
>would need to change to do
>the mnemonic replacement before determining isEL and isVB and isEarly.
>
>Any thoughts?  I think this may be a better solution than the prior discussed
>solution for overriding horizontally.

That's a good idea and a simple fix.  I'll add the symbol replacement on the
string before checking for el.  Also make the symbol replacement available to
the early binding.

I agree.  This seems to be a very slick way to customize a subtree without
creating a new hierarchy.  Great ideas Ryan!

Gary

--- Begin Message ---
Sorry, had a mistake in my post. In the example the 2nd component would look
like this.
  <component jsfid="bar" extends="parent">
 <attributes>
 <set name="valueExpr" bindingType="None" value="#{myBean.property}"/>
 </attributes>
</component>
 or another approach would be

 On 10/31/05, Ryan Wynn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  It seems beneficial to allow a mnemonic to be replaced by an EL
> expression. This could be another approach to the 'horizontal override' of
> component subtree and reduce the need to replicate the structure of the
> subtree in children.
>  For example,
>  <component jsfid="parent" extends="foo">
>  <element renderId="1" jsfid="child">
>  <attributes>
>  <set name="value" value="@valueExpr"/>
>  </attributes>
>  </element>
> </component>
>  would allow a component to extend from parent an override the nested
> value of child without duplicating the structure of parent just to override
> a single attribute.
>  <component jsfid="bar" extends="parent" valueExpr="#{myBean.property}">
>  Currently, this is supported but only if value = [EMAIL PROTECTED]<[EMAIL
> PROTECTED]>and valueExpr="
> myBean.property", because the mnemonic replacement is done after the
> determination of whether or not the value isEL and isVB.
>  So to allow for mnemonics to be replaced by #{foo.bar},
> PropertyValueCommand would need to change to do the mnemonic replacement
> before determining isEL and isVB and isEarly.
>  Any thoughts? I think this may be a better solution than the prior
> discussed solution for overriding horizontally.
>  Ryan

--- End Message ---