Hi,

I'm sure I've done something silly....

I have a very simple war file that includes struts and I can deploy it
only once. If I make a change to a JSP and repack the war and copy it to
the webapps directory I get a "missing application web.xml" error as
below:

1/11/2005 10:26:50 org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina start
INFO: Server startup in 9424 ms
1/11/2005 10:26:59 org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig deployWAR
INFO: Deploying web application archive daves-workspace.war
1/11/2005 10:27:30 org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig checkResources
INFO: Undeploying context [/daves-workspace]
1/11/2005 10:27:31 org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig deployWAR
INFO: Deploying web application archive daves-workspace.war
1/11/2005 10:27:31 org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig
applicationWebConfig
INFO: Missing application web.xml, using defaults only
StandardEngine[Catalina].StandardHost[localhost].StandardContext[/daves-
workspace]

If I remove the struts servlet declaration from the web.xml file, I can
make changes and redeploy over and over with no trouble.

I am using tomcat 5.5.12 and struts 1.2.7 and java 1.5

Any help appreciated.

Cheers

Mark

 The information contained in this communication is  for the use of the
 individual  or  entity  to  whom  it  is  addressed, and  may  contain
 information which is the  subject of legal privilege and/or copyright.
 If you have received this  communication in  error, please  notify the
 sender by return E-Mail and delete the transmission, together with any
 attachments, from your system. Thank you.