Sent: Monday, November 07, 2005 3:06 PM
Subject: Re: Basic template

On 11/7/05, Marcio Ghiraldelli <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
    Hello,

What would be the best aproach without hurting MVC framework in having one central "template.jsp" and inserting into it Struts actions, such as:

        <jsp:include="/Menu.do">
        <jsp:include="/News.do">

The usual <jsp:include apparently only work with Servlets and/or others JSP files, not with Struts actions.

Considering that you need to forward from action to JSP view, this
will not work in fully SRV2.4 - compliant containers like Tomcat5.
Works in Resin, though.

http://today.java.net/pub/a/today/2005/08/04/jspcomponents.html?page=2#jsp_control

Michael.