> I read the features the details there but being new to JSF
> too they just kind of blend in with JSF features.
>
> Shawn D. Garner

I think before looking at Shale closer start to work with JSF standalone,
you will only see the benfeits of Shale if you know (the shortcomings) of
JSF.
E.g. for understanding the dialogs in Shale and judge if it's useful for you
have to understand the page navigation in JSF.
If you feel confident and have some experience in JSF go back to Shale.

Bernhard