fea jabi wrote:

When I debug after
DynaActionForm setupForm = (DynaActionForm) form;

my setupForm is null

Is your struts config as you posted earlier? i.e., the "name" attribute refers to a Dyna form that doesn't exist in the "form-beans" section? That won't work.

ModuleConfig moduleConfig =

RequestUtils.getModuleConfig(request,
getServlet().getServletContext());
        FormBeanConfig formConfig =
moduleConfig.findFormBeanConfig("CustForm");
        DynaActionFormClass dynaClass =
DynaActionFormClass.createDynaActionFormClass(formConfig);

        try {
            setupForm = (DynaActionForm)dynaClass.newInstance();

one of the user suggested that when I initialize a form-property in struts-config using initial="true"
I have to use the above to prepopulate the form.

is this right?? Am I using at the right place.

If Struts is configured the form will have already been created on entry to the Action.

I think you need to back up a step and check your configuration. If you post the relevent sections again as they exist now we might be able to help you better.

Right now things are wrong, and I find it highly unlikely you would _ever_ need or want to instantiate a form inside an Action.

Dave