On 11/16/05, pc leung <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> After downloading MyFaces, I can write a little webapp already.
>
> In the shale home page. it lists out a number of features.
>
> Together with MyFaces, does shale implement more features than sun jsf?

Well, yes ... but so would adding Shale to the RI.

To understand how the pieces fit together, lets divide "MyFaces" into two
things -- a JSF implementation, and a component library (Tomahawk). You can
use them separately or together, like this:

* RI Implementation

* MyFaces Implemention

* RI Implementation + Tomahawk

* MyFaces Implementation + Tomahawk

* RI Implementation + Shale

* MyFaces Implementation + Shale

* RI Implementation + Shale + Tomahawk

* MyFaces Implementation + Shale + Tomahawk

In other words, the MyFaces and RI implementations are interchangeable, and
you can use add-on pieces with either of them.

Does shale add jsf features Struts?

> If I add MyFaces to Struts, can existing struts web app has jsf features?

No, Shale does not do that ... it is completely independent of Struts
1.xcode ... but there is an alternative library that does:

http://struts.apache.org/faces/

Thanks

Craig