Troy Bull wrote:
I have a form with multiple "rows" on it say it has columns a b c chk hid

I have javascript to set hid to Y or N based on someone clicking chk

Then in my form bean I have

String[] a;
String[] b;
String[] c;
String[] hid;

My question is how can I make my check box set the correct hid (if I have ten rows for example how do I have it set the hid that goes with the chk that was checked)?

If I can't find a solution I will have to take chk off and make hid a regular text box and have people type in Y or N (not nice).

Why do you need the 'hid' field at all? If all it contains is a 'Y' or 'N' corresponding to the state of the checkbox, why don't you just get rid of it and use the checkbox value directly?

L.