Hi all:

I have a situation where Page1 (/worklist.jsp) has a link which when
clicked is forwarded to Page2 (/worklist/nextAssignments.jsp). Since I
have to do some "prerender" work to display my Page2, I have code in my
backing Bean1's prerender() method. However, my breakpoint in Bean1's
prerender() is not being hit in this situation. (There are other cases
where it is being called just fine, .. but I just can't seem to see what's
wrong in this case..  and am wondering if I cannot maybe have the
"worklist" bean point to one bean and the "worklist$nextAssignment" point
to another..? Doesn't sound too logical but then I'm clutching at straws
at this point..(:()

Here's what I have in my faces-config.xml:

<managed-bean>
                <managed-bean-name>worklist</managed-bean-name>
                <managed-bean-class>
 com.intellicare.webshark.action.workflow.WorkListManagerBean
                </managed-bean-class>
                <managed-bean-scope>request</managed-bean-scope>
        </managed-bean>

<navigation-rule>
                <from-view-id>*</from-view-id>
                <navigation-case>
                        <from-outcome>nextAssignment</from-outcome>
                        <to-view-id>/worklist/nextAssignment.jsp</
to-view-id>
                </navigation-case>
etc.

Also,
<managed-bean>
                <managed-bean-name>worklist$nextAssignment</
managed-bean-name>
                <managed-bean-class>
 com.intellicare.webshark.action.workflow.WebworkManagerBean
                </managed-bean-class>
                <managed-bean-scope>request</managed-bean-scope>
        </managed-bean>

The link on Page1 (/worklist.jsp) says:
<h:form id="worklistForm">
        <h:commandLink id="nextAssignment" action="
#{worklist.acceptNextAssignment}">
                <h:outputText value="Accept Next Assignment" />
        </h:commandLink>
</h:form>

When i click on the link above, my worklist bean's acceptNextAssignment()
method gets called fine and it finally returns the String "nextAssignment"
and thence forwards to /worklist/nextAssignment.jsp.

Can anyone spot what I am missing?

Many thanks in advance for your time,
Geeta