I have code for populating form beans dynamically, as follows (I'll spare you the dirty details of why I'm doing this instead of relying on Struts' standard form bean population):

  String formKey = Constants.FORM_KEY;
  getJspContext().findAttribute(formKey);
  String formBeanName = formTag.getBeanName();
  ActionForm form = (ActionForm) getJspContext().
    findAttribute(formBeanName);
  BeanUtils.copyProperties(form, source);

Using s:form from the struts-face lib, this fails as (a) there's no instance of the form tag stored in any scope under that key; and (b) even if it were, the tag implementation class isn't type compatible with the standard Struts tag.

So, the first question is should this be considered a bug in so much as s:form is documented as being functionally equivalent to html:form?

And second, how would I rewrite the above code so it works equivalently with both form tags?

L.