On Nov 29, 2005, at 7:31 AM, Christopher Becker wrote:

I am using Tiles in a Struts (v.1.2.7) app, and also experienced an
error when the Apache site was temporarily down.
So to prevent this from happening in the future, what is the suggested
solution?

Removing the DOCTYPE element from the tiles-def.xml file does not seem
appropriate - or is it?

No, that doesn't seem like an adequate solution to me. The *right* thing to do is make sure your DTD public identifiers are pointing to the right place and your URLs are pointing to the right place. Then we have to figure out how to make sure they resolve to the jar file instead of the URL. I'm not sure we know the right thing to do in the framework yet to make that happen.

Greg