>> To facilitate these items, you will need some method of informing
>> your webapplication that the server is going to be shutdown.  One
>> way to do this would be to set a flag in the application context;
>> another way is to create a lock file; yet another way is to set a
>> flag in a database.

>Could you not do this via a ServletContextListener..?

No, I don't believe that would work.  The
ServletContextListener.contextInitialized(..) method would be invoked as part
of the web app context being shut down; but there is no way to stop the
shutdown process once it starts.

"James Harig" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 12/07/2005
11:53:15 AM:

> To facilitate these items, you will need some method of informing
> your webapplication that the server is going to be shutdown.  One
> way to do this would be to set a flag in the application context;
> another way is to create a lock file; yet another way is to set a
> flag in a database.

Could you not do this via a ServletContextListener..?

> I have thought about this subject on a number of occasions, but have
> never implemented it.  I would be glad to hear of any feedback.
>
> Thanks,
>
> James

Regards,
Geeta