Hi

Been away for a couple of days, but now I'm back at it. I finally figured out
why it was not serving resources like .css files etc.
In my web.xml file, I had a filter&filter mapping like this:

        <!-- Shale Application Controller Filter -->
        <filter>
                <filter-name>shale</filter-name>
                <filter-class>
                        org.apache.shale.faces.ShaleApplicationFilter
                </filter-class>
        </filter>
        <!-- Shale Application Controller Filter Mapping -->
        <filter-mapping>
                <filter-name>shale</filter-name>
                <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
        </filter-mapping>

Now changing the filter mapping to this solved it:

        <!-- Shale Application Controller Filter Mapping -->
        <filter-mapping>
                <filter-name>shale</filter-name>
                <url-pattern>*.xml</url-pattern>
        </filter-mapping>

        <filter-mapping>
                <filter-name>shale</filter-name>
                <url-pattern>*.html</url-pattern>
        </filter-mapping>

        <filter-mapping>
                <filter-name>shale</filter-name>
                <url-pattern>*.faces</url-pattern>
        </filter-mapping>

So now I am able to use <link> tags for including stylesheets, and any images
declared in the stylesheet gets served.

Hermod