David Evans wrote:
As someone else mentioned, the problem could be the scope of your
variable. Another thing to check, are you sure that EL is being
evaluated in your page?

How i can ensure about : does EL evaluate or not ?
What i have done is :
I add the JSTL taglib declaration to my jsp file and i do those coding that i mentioned.
if the variable is not in my page scope , how it is shown when i use :

<%=sysvar%>

, can you tell me how i should check the variable scope ?
if variable is not in the scope , why the Tag does not return exception .

Thank you

dave