If the amount of data needed for drop down B isn't large, I'd load it into Javascript objects when the original page is displayed. Then use client-side Javascript to populate B after A is chosen.

If the amount of data is too big, I'd investigate doing the same concept using client-side Javascript, but query the server for B's data using AJAX methods.

Daniel Kies wrote:
Greetings.  I have an app that needs to have multiple drop down boxes that
are related to each other.  Instead of calling an action everytime the first
menu is selected and querying for the data in the second drop down, I want
to have the values in the second drop down reflect the choice of the first
drop down.

So Drop Down A has:
1. Color
2. Size

If Color is selected, drop down B has:
1. Blue
2. Red
3. Green

If Size is selected, drop down B has:
1. Small
2. Medium
3. Large

I figure I can do this by calling an action when the A is selected, but how
can I do this without calling an action after A is chosen?

Thanks in advance.

--
Neil Erdwien, [EMAIL PROTECTED], Web Technologies Manager
Computing and Network Services, Kansas State University