I think that before choosing a Java Web framework, you should perhaps
analyze the migration.
Many php webapps doesn't implement MVC design pattern.
I think that you should calculate the necessary time to completly
refactor your existing webapp into a new webapp.
Sometime, we think that porting a php webapp to a java web framework
is too easy because the java web framework is on the edge,provides
some good features ;)
If you have money to spend to completly "rewrite" your webapp into an
another technology, so, test them yourself ;)
Many prefer serverside framework like struts, webwork, others prefer
web component framework like JSF,wicket,....
I think the most important question is : How much time your team can
be able to be ready on one of these frameworks.

Personally, i begun webapp coding with php, now i'm coding only on
J2EE platform.
Actually Struts. I hope in the future, i'll work with JSF

best regards ;)

--

hicham ABASSI
[EMAIL PROTECTED]