Max Cooper wrote:
It sounds like your main challenge is that you have requests to a web
server that look like http://web.domain.com/foo/bar/me mapped to an app
deployed on an app server that you might access directly as
http://app.domain.com/me. The app will make site-root relative URLs
like /me/foo.html, and the browser will them make a request to the web
server like http://web.domain.com/me/foo.html which is not what you
want.

That is correct.

(I don't have the original message, so I answer to this one)

I have similar problem like you. Applications are deployed as http://app1.domain.com/ and http://app2.domain.com/ for production use, and developers deploy them to local Tomcats as http://localhost:8080/app1/ and http://localhost:8080/app2/.

I found the solution in <html:rewrite> tag, since it will convert the relative path in JSP to the absolute one. It also does the URL-rewriting, but I don't mind that.

Did anyone else try this solution?

Ognjen