LOL  I gave him the very same answer that you did, including the same
citations.  The difference is that I did not gloss over the confusion you
have systematically engendered by not just owning up to the differences from
day one.  You don't have to love something to explain it.  Otherwise, who
would have known about the ugly duckling?

On 1/7/06, Craig McClanahan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> If you are familiar with Core J2EE Patterns terminology, you'll find it
> easiest to understand JSF and Shale in terms of the View Helper[1]
> pattern,
> where the helper items are the JSF component tags and your backing beans,
> and the Dispatcher View[2] pattern, which combines the Front Controller[3]
> and View Helper[1] patterns together.  In the Dispatcher View sequence
> diagram (Figure 7.25) the roles and responsibilities match up like this:
> Don't expect much help from someone who doesn't seem to care much for
> either
> JSF or Shale :-).
>
> Mark
>

> Craig